Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Lexa!

Today was a very special day for us. We have been waiting so long for this day. The morning went by slowly as we waited for 2:00 when we would meet in our hotel lobby to go to the civil affairs office, where we would finally meet and hold Lexa for the first time. When we got to the civil affairs office, there were other families who had just met their children so there were babies crying and it was a little crazy. We had to take care of some paperwork first, and then we went over to a door where they would bring Lexa out. I wanted us to take in the moment so neither Andy or I video taped or took many pictures those first few moments. Jadyn was with us and "attempted" to video, but it didn't turn out the best. Lexa is absolutely adorable! She is a little bigger than I thought she would be...she must have grown a lot since the last time they reported her height and weight. She is actually really solid and heavy. She was sweet and did not hesitate for me to hold her. She loved looking at a book and showing me some work she did in her preschool class at the orphanage. She did not want anything to do with Andy at first and would not let him hold her. The lady from the orphanage said that she had all female caretakers so she may be afraid of men for a little. After a little while of playing and looking at books, Lexa suddenly got teary. She did not fight me holding her, but just laid in my arms and cried. It was so heartbreaking. She just wept. She wasn't screaming, just weeping. I just held her and cried a little bit with her. After about 10 minutes, she stopped crying and it was time for us to go. On the way home, we stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things. She loved going to the store. She was so happy and was pointing and talking (of course we had no idea what she was saying!). However, at this point, she still didn't want anything to do with Andy and so I had to carry her most of the time. I will be sore tomorrow! She does walk slowly and a little unsteady so she couldn't walk on her own in a very crowded store. When we got back to the hotel, we got out some blocks that I brought along and she LOVED playing with the blocks. She was able to bond with Jadyn and Andy while playing at the hotel and she is doing better with Andy now. We went to McDonald's for supper because we needed something quick and easy tonight. I am so thankful that Jadyn was able to come along. Lexa loved playing with Jadyn and they laughed so hard together. I was so proud of how Jadyn handled herself and opened her heart to Lexa. She is a wonderful big sister. Tomorrow we go back to the civil affairs office to finalize the adoption. Then, we plan on shopping to look for a small stroller because Lexa is so very heavy, even with a carrier. We are so thankful to God for allowing us to parent Lexa. She is such a treasure.

8 comments:

  1. She looks so happy!!! You all do! So thankful that you are all together finally!! God is good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! We're so happy for you guys and she's absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! She is precious and I am so happy for you guys- loved the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah-dor-able! So sweet! Blessing to you all:) lissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh my... I love her already. I couldnt help but to tear up reading this and seeing this just unfold before me. I am truly happy for you all and now to feel that your family is complete..is probably undescribable. Im sooo excitedb to meet sweet litte Lexa...
    Im so glad you have this blog, so that I can be updated on this... I will continue to pray for this new journey, for everyone. I love you all so much!!

    ReplyDelete