Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sickness, Sightseeing, and Swimming

I had to skip a day of the blog because I became very sick early Friday morning (3 am). It seems that Jadyn and I probably ate something bad or something our bodies were not used to. It was horrible. I can't remember the last time I felt so terrible. Thankfully, it only lasted for about 7 hours, however, I continued to feel nauseous and tired for the entire day on Friday. We had planned to go to a market and do a little sightseeing that day. I did not want to miss anything since I probably won't be back in China for a LONG time, so I decided I would "suck it up" and go along to the market. BAD IDEA. First, Guangzhou is extremely hot and humid. Second, many people in China smoke. Third, the sky is covered in smog. Fourth, the market consisted of open tubs of Chinese herbs, dog food, live fish, scorpians, and raw meat. These, combined with me already being nauseous made for a very difficult day. I felt so sick and had to run to the bathroom on several occasions, thinking I was going to throw up again. :( Thankfully, I did not. Of course, my sweet Lexa was having a difficult time because "Baba" had to take care of her a little more than "Mama" and she did not like it. However, it did help Lexa to realize that Andy is a caregiver too and actually probably helped with that. She seemed much better with him today!! We are really missing Nathan and Noah and can't wait to get home so we can ALL be together. We are so very thankful for Skype! And for wonderful parents who love and care for them! Thankfully, I woke up today feeling much better. We did a little more sightseeing and learned some Chinese History by visiting the tomb of the 2nd emperor and looking at all the artifacts. Then, we just came back to the hotel and had a good afternoon together. We played with bubbles, colored, and watched a movie. However, the highlight for us was taking the girls down to the pool. Jadyn got some quality time with Dad swimming in the water. At first, Lexa just looked at the pool with a face that said, "No way!". But, gradually, she became braver and braver and before long she was sitting on the steps splashing with Jadyn. It was so cute to see her progression. You can see it in the photos below. She is so beautiful and so very sweet. She just loves to cuddle and I treasure all of those times, knowing that I missed so many cuddles the first 3 years of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment